The village of North Leigh lies between Witney and Woodstock just off the A4095 some 3 miles north east of Witney. The village sits above rolling countryside and the picturesque Evenlode Valley. It has a Primary School, Parish Church, two Pubs and a Post Office, shop and Library in the Memorial Hall. A bus service runs through the village to both Witney and Woodstock where further shopping, social and recreational facilities are available. The neighbouring village of Long Hanborough offers local shopping and train station with services to Oxford and London.
North Leigh can be found just off the A4095 between Witney and Long Hanborough. Drive in to the village along Common Road and turn right at the T-Junction on to Park Road. Chapel Lane is on the left after a short distance and the Chapel is located towards the bottom of the shared private lane on your right hand side.
METHOD OF SALE / OFFER PROCEDURE
In view of our duty to test the market and give all interested parties the same opportunity to submit an offer we will implement the following procedure to invite sealed bids for this property.
If your interest continues please let us have your sealed bid in writing no later than 17.00 on Wednesday 12th August. Any offers submitted after this time will not be considered. Once all bids are received they will be passed on to our client to make a decision and we will inform all parties of the outcome at the earliest opportunity. No further bids will be considered at that point.
We request that your offer is submitted on the following basis:-
1. Any offer made to be at a specific sum for the property and preferably an uneven sum to avoid duplication. No escalating bids will be considered.
2. Offers to be made in writing and delivered to the office of Abbey Properties, Market Square, Bampton OX18 2JH. To arrive no later than 17.00 on Wednesday 12th August. Offers to be submitted in a sealed envelope and boldly marked North Leigh Methodist Chapel.
3. The sellers do not bind themselves to accept the highest or indeed any offer.
4. Offers will only be considered for the whole property.
5. If you are submitting an offer on behalf of another party you should state the name and address of that party and confirm your authority to act as an agent.
6. Bidders should confirm that they agree to exchange contracts within 4 weeks of receiving a draft contract and to complete the purchase no later than 28 days thereafter.
7. Bidders should state the name and address of the Solicitor who will act on their behalf in the event of their offer being accepted.
8. If the offer is subject to finance or the sale of another property this should be clearly stated. Details of the percentage of the total purchase price to be borrowed, the lending source and any estate agents’ name and contact details should also be included. Any ‘sales chain’ details would also be required. Any purchaser requiring a mortgage will need to be financially qualified.
9. Offers should be entirely unconditional and on a subject to contract basis only.
10. Offers sent by email will not be considered and may invalidate any offer received in the sealed envelope due to the potential breach of confidentiality.
In order to show that the market has been thoroughly tested to achieve the best possible price for our client the property will be actively marketed for a period of 4 weeks at which point we will undertake a sealed bid process to determine the most suitable buyer. Sealed bids should be lodged at Abbey Properties, Market Square, Bampton, OX18 2JH by 17.00 on Wednesday 12th August.
By prior appointment through Abbey Properties estate agents. Contact the office on 01993 851881.